Thursday, 3 October 2013

Lovehoney Cherry Flavoured Lubricant


The Lovehoney Cherry Flavoured Lubricant is available in only 100ml volume. It is a water-based lube that is both paraben and glycerin free, is suitable for vegans, can be used for vaginal, anal and oral sex, and is also condom safe. Once open, it can be kept for 12 months, although I highly doubt mine will last that long because I keep pouring some on the back of my hand to have a cheeky lick of it. It really does taste yummy!

The cherry lube comes in a clear plastic bottle with a pop-cap, and also features a really cute label with the Lovehoney logo's, flavour, ingredients, as well as some details of the product which are as follows: "Free from parabens and glycerine. Suitable for vegans. Suitable for vaginal, anal
and oral sex. Avoid contact with eyes. Condom safe. Not a contraceptive. Store in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight and out of reach of children. Discontinue use if discomfort or irritation occurs."

When I first set my eyes on the lubricant I was already delighted to see the improvements on the packaging compared to Lovehoney’s original range of lubricants, such as the Lovehoney Enjoy water-based lubricant. It might only be one small change, but instead of the plain white bottle that the Enjoy comes in, the Cherry lubricant comes in a clear, see through bottle which makes it far easier to tell when the lubricant is running out. It does have the same pop-cap feature as the Enjoy lubricant which is really easy to use so I'm not complaining, just pop the cap open, tilt the bottle and squeeze for your desired amount.


The first thing I always do when getting a new lubricant is test the consistency of it by pouring a small amount on the back of my hand and tilting to see how quickly it runs off / spreads, however I couldn’t help but give this a taste first. The cherry flavoured lubricant smells every bit as good as it tastes and is really nice and slightly sweet (but not too sweet), it reminds me somewhat of glacé cherries which I absolutely love! Due to this being a flavoured lubricant, it is marketed as being more suitable to use during oral sex, and this is perfect if you like something a bit sweet and / or if you aren’t too keen on your partner’s natural scent / taste. But you can still use it with toys, as well as vaginally and anally as it is completely safe to do so.

The consistency of this lubricant is practically spot on for my preference as it’s not too thick but it’s not runny either. If I pour a small amount onto the back of my hand and then tilt, the lubricant droops down really slowly. When tested against the Lovehoney Enjoy lubricant there is no comparison between the consistency of the two, the Enjoy is far too runny for me and it immediately runs off my hand. In vaginal and anal use I find a little goes a long way with the Cherry lube, but more is usually needed for anal use due to no naturally occuring lubrication. The lubricant is fairly long lasting and I find that it only needs re-applying with toys that have a lot of drag to them or during a long session. It also feels quite natural, especially when mixed in with your natural lubricant, and is non-sticky both in use and when it dries on the skin. In fact, my skin felt nice and smooth after using it.



Overall I’m really pleased with this Cherry flavoured lubricant as an all-rounder and would recommend it to anyone. I haven’t used it for oral sex because I don’t have a partner to use as a lab rat, but I can tell you that if you like cherries and fairly sweet flavours then you won’t be disappointed with this product.


Ingredients: Aqua (water), Monopropylene Glycol, Hydroxethyl Cellulose, Sucralose, Pottasium Sorbate, Citric Acid, Flavourings

Type: Water-based Lubricant
Volume: 100ml


Where to Buy:


The Lovehoney Cherry Flavoured Lubricant comes only in a 100ml bottle and is available to buy online from Lovehoney.co.uk for £5.99. You can also purchase other flavours from the Lovehoney range for the same price, these are: Strawberry, Passion Fruit, Mint Chocolate, Chocolate Orange, and Peppermint.

*All prices are correct at the time of posting and are subject to change.
*This product was sent to me free of charge in return for an honest review. In no way does this affect my opinions and experience of the product.


Save 25% when you buy any 2 new Lovehoney Flavoured Lubes

Live a Sexier Live

No comments:

Post a Comment