Monday 18 November 2013

Lovehoney Enjoy Water-Based Lubricant

The Lovehoney Enjoy Lubricant is a water-based lube which comes in either a 100ml bottle or a 5ml travel sachet. It is free from glycerine, paraben and aspartame, is condom safe and is suitable for vegetarians (not sure about vegans). Lovehoney Enjoy lubricant is enriched with extracts aloe vera for its soothing and conditioning properties as well as ginseng, and is safe to use vaginally and anally, either with toys or with a partner. Once open, it is recommended that the bottle of lubricant can be kept for 12 months before it should be disposed of.

There is no unnecessary packaging with the Enjoy lubricant. The bottle simply arrives on its own in discreet packaging from Lovehoney. It comes
in a plain white bottle with a pop-cap, and features labelling containing Lovehoney's logo, ingredients, as well as some information on the product which is as follows: "For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. Condom safe. Not a contraceptive. Store in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight and out of reach of children. Discontinue use if discomfort or irritation occurs." Despite the product saying "external use only", be assured that it can be used internally and Lovehoney themselves recommend using this product to enhance all types of intimate play.

I like the pop-cap used on this bottle as it's simple and easy to use. All you do is pop it open, tilt the bottle and squeeze for the desired amount of lubricant you wish to use. The one thing I don't like however is the white bottle the Enjoy comes in because it can be difficult to know how much lube you have left and how near you are to running out. The sachet is also easy to use, simply tear the top of via the tab and squeeze.

As usual, I tested the consistency of the Lovehoney Enjoy lubricant on the back of my hand before actually using the product and I was very surprised at how runny the consistency of this lubricant is even though it is water-based, it runs straight off my hand even without me tilting it. I have other water-based lubricants that are nowhere near as runny and loose as the Enjoy and I much prefer my lubricants slightly thicker. The smell and taste of the Enjoy aren't that great either as both contain slightly chemical notes which aren't too pleasant - at least not for me. Therefore I wouldn't recommend using the Enjoy for the purpose of oral sex.



In use, I don't find that the Enjoy lubricant is long-lasting at all. Even when used with glass toys I found that the lubricant evaporated fairly quickly and so I had to keep re-applying a few times which becomes annoying at times. I haven't even attempted using the Enjoy lube with a silicone toy because the drag that naturally occurs with silicone toys will probably cause me to use about a quarter of the bottle's contents. Plus, having the lube evaporate numerous times throughout using a silicone toy would probably end up with me hurting after a while. On the plus side though, the Enjoy isn't sticky during use and doesn't dry sticky on the skin either, the ginseng and aloe vera extracts do succeed in leaving the skin feeling moisturised and soft after use. 

Overall, I am not that impressed with the Lovehoney Enjoy lubricant as the consistency is far too runny for my liking and it evaporates fairly quickly - yes I know, water-based lubes evaporate easily, but Enjoy evaporates far quicker than other water-based lubes that I have. The smell and taste aren't that great either so I can't recommend this lubricant for oral use, but for this purpose you would be better off using Lovehoney's Cherry Lubricant instead as not only does it smell and taste SO GOOD, but is also has a thicker consistency.

The only people I would recommend the Enjoy for is those that like their lubricants extremely runny and those that produce a lot of natural lubricant and only want something extra to compliment it.


Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Propylene, Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethycellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid, Disodium, EDTA, Panax, Ginseng Root Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice.

Type: Water-based Lubricant
Volume: 100ml bottle or 5ml sachet


Where to Buy:


The Lovehoney Enjoy Water-based Lubricant comes in a 100ml bottle for £4.99, as well as a handy 5ml sachet for £0.99.

*All prices are correct at the time of posting and are subject to change.


Live a Sexier Live

No comments:

Post a Comment